Asymptotic Adaptation

Basically the only thing I'll complain about to you regarding my Mac is the lack of something as simple, clean, and free as Paint.NET. Mostly I was upset that I couldn't save specific layers of an image directly as a new image, for creating slices of my Seattle walking map. Then tonight it finally dawned on me that the Mac actually makes this easier than the PC via the shift-cmd-4 shortcut, in that I can create the subsections of the map without having to even create and save a new file, as the limited screen capture does it automatically and even names them correctly (as I'd previously had to enter a number 1-6 to order the images) with a little forethought.

As a replacement, I'm now going to complain that Audacity for the Mac won't save the WAV-out signal, meaning I need to use other programs to, say, capture audio from movies, TV shows, etc. Certainly even more minor of a quibble than the one I solved tonight.

3 Comment(s):

Blogger Charles Petersen said...

You might also try Seashore. Not quite there yet, but worth trying for simple things. shift-cmd-4 makes me very happy every time I use it.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could also try Audio Hijack Pro. I've heard good things about it but have never tried it myself. It's shareware, so I don't know what features are available before you pay the registration fee, but perhaps enough to make it useful.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Seashore is what I'm using right now, and it's certainly not bad, I just haven't totally warmed up to it yet.

I've also used Audio Hijack Pro easily and successfully. A fine program, but just a functionality that I wish was included in my general audio editor.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment