Pop-Hop Ya Don't Stop

I forgot to mention anything about the music from Monday night. Superpitcher was best, because he's a really great DJ and also great at endearing himself to the audience with goofy gestures. I didn't stay to the end of the set, but would have barring time/sleep concerns. Metope was fun in a different way: he used a synthesizer to build his songs (I don't know if they resembled stuff he's actually recorded) and was continually reconstructing the beats. Probably best was the way he'd preview a really complex line, then fade it out and bring up the beats and melodies around it, surprising everybody when the seemingly out of place, difficult line fit right in with everything else. Ada never really looked up from her knobs and dials, and it was a little loud for me, but the last part, which was prettier than the rest, made it okay.

Also, here's that Danger Mouse track I promised. (It's him working with Cee-Lo under the name "Gnarls Barkley".) I'm actually sending you to Cadence Weapon's post, because I think he's still got the MP3 posted, and his blog is about as fun to read as anyone's, not to mention the music selection. He also thanked me in my comments for using one of his tracks in the first mix I did this summer. So read what Rollie has to say, and comment here if the track gets taken down so I can put it up on YouSendIt.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment