Rolling SIFF Updates

After running through the catalog again, I believe I've got a tentative schedule set at 48 films.

Thirteen on Memorial Day weekend, nine the short week after that, fourteen in week two, and twelve the final week.

Hard to say exactly how many will actually get watched. Any besides Humpday definitely getting theatrical release in Seattle will be stricken from the list. Probably half of these are can't-miss, and the rest I'd like to see if possible. Hopefully I can compile a manageable list of a dozen or fewer to suggest to interested parties.

---

Andy Horbal's Film Blogs, Etc. search tool at Google is exceedingly helpful in trying to get an idea of general reaction to smaller films. It includes both of David Hudson's blogs, Twitch, Slant, The Auteurs Notebook, and of course a load of personal blogs. Variety is also a necessity, though their review database is slightly less than comprehensive.

---

After the first run-through, I've scheduled ~45 films over the 24 days of the festival. This doesn't include several I've marked to look up later, so I will also need to start trying to find reasons not to watch some as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment