Heat Death

Last night I was reading the New Scientist's article on photographing black holes, particularly the one presumed to be at the center of the Milky Way. I then took off on a Wikipedia spree in the following order:
  • Solar System
  • Milky Way
  • Galaxy
  • Dwarf galaxy
  • Great Attractor
  • Dark flow
  • Timeline of the Big Bang
  • Universe
  • Ultimate fate of the universe
  • Heat death of the universe
Histories in tabbed browsers are notoriously bad at representing the precise order in which the user actually read the pages listed, but I'm fairly sure that I had to shut the computer off at some point near the bottom of the list after my brain exploded.

2 Comment(s):

Blogger Teague said...

This is a bit tangential, but why are browsers so bad at recording browsing history in order? I understand the complications when you're using the forward/back buttons a lot, but they tend to mess it up even when you just go through a straight sequence of pages...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I just assumed that tabs mean you probably open and read pages in different orders. There could also be a difference between cached and un-cached pages, or perhaps pages that update automatically, which could jump them ahead in the order. It seems very complicated...

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment