20090503

Today is significant for three reasons. First is the biggest cache of information thus far on SIFF '09 in the Seattle Times. Most startling to me was the re-scored film at the Triple Door: No Age performing new music for The Bear (Annaud, 89). The Album Leaf and Kinski, who I know have filled the musicians' role in the past, both seem like rational choices, but I would probably have gotten through most of Sub Pop's roster before guessing No Age. The film might be longer than their entire recorded output to date.

Second is the second time I've recognized someone onscreen in a commercially released movie. Ivan popped up in a Joe Swanberg film or two, and today I spotted Isaac Smith in Sugar, the middle third of which is set in Iowa.

Third is that I finally finished walking the last block on Capitol Hill, unless you're the sort of perverse Seattle geographer who considers anything north or Roanoke to be part of the neighborhood. And I don't.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment