Transfusion #2: April 2006 Chart

Since list-making is about all I can manage in terms of writing/blogging sometimes, I figured I'd follow the pattern I've seen at group blogs such as Tape and House Is A Feeling, among other places.

So, six things I've been listening to and enjoying a lot lately, not in any strict order.

1. DJ Copy "Emotions"
I said what I wanted to about this when I posted the MP3 at my blog a few weeks ago. If you, too, would like to hear it (it's the old Mariah Carey chestnut with a new electro backing track), I can post it again. Just leave a comment.

2. Three 6 Mafia "Stay Fly"
I'm getting to this a little late as it was a big single in 2005, but I only got around to hearing it by paying attention to year-end lists. It may or may not frustrate you to learn that the lyrics are entirely about getting and staying high, but this track is much more about the means than the ends, as content goes. That is, there's not much content but the presentation (strings, backup singers, mildly clever rhymes delivered in an addictive fashion) is fabulous.

3. Dead Prez "Hell Yeah (Pimp the System)"
Via Diplo's DJ Shadow mixtape and the Emynd and Bo Bliz mix at Lemon Red.

4. The Decemberists The Tain EP
I've been really feeling this along with other heavier stuff (Dinosaur Jr., Black Mountain, Black Sabbath, Death from Above 1979) lately.

5. Band of Horses "Funeral"
Duh.

6. Tiga "Far from Home (DFA Instrumental Remix Edit)"
As Geeta Dayal says, "That bassline! The shimmering harmonics! I swooned!" She and other bloggers have also gotten me really excited to hear Carl Craig's remix of Delia and Gavin's "Revelee," which I don't have yet, so maybe that'll be on the next chart.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment