Day 6

Northwest Film Forum presents an in-depth, yearlong exploration of the films of 1969, presenting a diversity of feature films, documentaries and experimental works that were seen on screens during that tumultuous year.
On their survey a few months back, the NWFF asked about paying for year-round admission, and while that didn't quite happen (personally I'd rather see Landmark or AMC institute something like that) this is a great deal as well; the year-long series pass is $69.

Last night I realized that, at least since I started earning a paycheck again back in March, I've only watched one video a month. This is perhaps less than optimal since it means that I basically never really choose which older films to watch, but just glean the good stuff from local repertory programs. And mostly that means (outside of NWFF) I see pretty safe stuff; not that it's not good (The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, and Notorious over the past month), but all the same it feels like a sort of cinematic malaise is beginning to creep over me. If only it were the new year so I could make some kind of resolution...

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment