Up to Date

I just finally made posts (not reviews, just ratings) for all the films I've seen to date; 172 this year (79 new releases) and 26 so far this month. Some of the data I'm tracking (just for curiosity) includes runtime, aspect ratio, pace for the year, and average rating. As of today, the average rating for 2008 is 1.83 (well below 2007) and I plan to see approximately 208 movies before the end of the year, although that always dips slightly just before Christmas.

Runtime and aspect ratio are more complex and will take quite a bit more work to see if I can make anything interesting out of those numbers.

Here are days of the week totals:

SUMOTUWETHFRSA
25212326152636

I can't fully explain these numbers. Specifically, why do I basically never watch movies on Thursdays? I suppose it has to do with programming; it's kind of a throwaway day in terms of rare or old stuff that might play just once or twice. Northwest Film Forum will do weekend-only series and plenty of Tuesday-Wednesday slots. I expected Saturday would be highest, although I can't totally rationalize why I see fewer films on Sundays. Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday were the days to seem movies on campus at Carleton, though, so maybe I subconsciously ignore the cinema on that day in between and the day after.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment