Cornucopia

I'm honestly not quite sure how this compares with when I was at KRLX, but it seems this year the avalanche of good new music has gotten out of hand. There's a ton of stuff I haven't gotten my hands on yet, and at least another good month of releases to go, but I'm already forgetting very good stuff that came out earlier this year, simply due to quantity. MP3 blogs became definitely unnecessary several months back.

iTunes is showing about sixty records I've liked enough to keep around so far from 2008.

2562: Aerial
Animal Collective: Water Curses
Antony and the Johnsons: Another World
Atlas Sound: Let the Blind Lead...
Beach House: Devotion
The Black Keys: Attack and Release
Black Mountain: In the Future
Blood on the Wall: Liferz
Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago
Booka Shade: The Sun & The Neon Light
Caribou: She's the One
The Clientele: That Night, A Forest Grew
Cut Copy: In Ghost Colours
Carl Craig: Sessions
The Dodos: Visiter
Ellen Allien: SooL
Fleet Foxes: s/t
Fleet Foxes: Sun Giant
Foals: Antidotes
Four Tet: Ringer EP
Fuck Buttons: Street Horrrsing
Gentleman Jesse: Introducing...
Girl Talk: Feed the Animals
Growing: All the Way
Hercules and Love Affair: s/t
Hot Chip: Made in the Dark
James Pants: Welcome
Jeremy Jay: A Place Where We Could Go
Kelley Polar: I Need You To Hold On...
Lindstrøm: Where You Go I Go Too
Loco Dice: 7 Dunham Place
Los Campesinos!: Hold On Now, Youngster
M83: Saturdays = Youth
Matmos: Supreme Balloon
MRC: Miniatures
Morgan Geist: Double Night Time
My Morning Jacket: Evil Urges
No Age: Nouns
Philip Sherburne: Salt & Vinegar
Ricardo Villalobos: Vasco
Sally Shapiro: Remix Romance, Vol. 1
She & Him: Volume One
Shearwater: Rook
Sian Alice Group: 59'59
Sun Kil Moon: April
Syclops: I've Got My Eye on You
These New Puritans: Beat Pyramid
Truckasauras: Tea Parties, Guns 'n Valor
TV on the Radio: Dear Science
Vampire Weekend: s/t
Vivian Girls: s/t
The Walkmen: You & Me
Wolf Parade: At Mount Zoomer
VA: Body Language Six (Junior Boys mix)
VA: Steppas' Delight (Soul Jazz dubstep compilation)
VA: You Are My Mate (Dial compilation)

I know I can only make good use of about a third of this volume, but the trouble is deciding precisely which third.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment