Dragons & Tigers

The Vancouver Film Festival just put up their full schedule yesterday, so I've been combing through to try and piece together a workable weekend, riding the train up Friday morning and back Sunday night.

I'll probably start out with a full slate of films and delete one by one as I decide I need more time to wander around the city. With the ten listed below, I'd have several hours both Saturday and Sunday morning and probably some time Saturday night to see the sights.

Friday

Hansel and Gretel (Yim Phil-sung)
Summer Hours (Olivier Assayas)
The Chicken, The Fish, and the King Crab (José Luis López-Linares)
A Christmas Tale (Arnaud Desplechin)

Saturday

The Juche Idea (Jim Finn)
Wendy and Lucy (Kelly Reichardt)
Under the Tree (Garin Nugroho)
Teak Leaves at the Temples (Garin Nugroho)

Sunday

Sita Sings the Blues (Nina Paley)
Chelsea on the Rocks (Abel Ferrara)

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment