Odds & Ends

SIFF is going well, even though I haven't been posting anything on it. (I don't really have time, as I'm always going to, at, or returning from a movie.) You can complain with good reason about the enormity and the corresponding glut of mediocre stuff at SIFF, but with a lot of research and hours poring through the guide, it's possible to re-program a pretty solid mini-festival.

That said, I feel somehow that I haven't really had time to think, or at least let my brain work subconsciously, over the past few weeks, what with the sustained moviegoing, Sasquatch, and so forth. This became particularly apparent when I left my phone in the break room at work long enough for someone to find it and bring it to the front desk, on the same day that I'd already left something else in there on a previous visit.

Adding some bands to the MySpace profile, I started to get really excited about Beachwood Sparks playing at Marymoor Park next month. Given that I've been listening to a lot of guitar-based, folky, retro stuff this year, these guys should really hit the spot even though it's been quite a while since I listened much to either of the albums.

There should be three massive posts (that aren't this one) coming soon. One on music thus far into the year, one of musings more or less concerning the new My Morning Jacket album and thoughts its release has spurred, and one on SIFF, though I'll also break that down into individual postings for the the film blog. I also haven't been listening as much, or as intentionally, to a lot of electronic and/or dance music this year, and I've been neglecting reading things that aren't on a screen, so hopefully those will dovetail after Sunday when I'm no longer out and about for at least three hours a night.

And while it still feels like early spring here in Seattle (and not the nice part, either) it is apparently hot and quite flooded in Iowa. I'll take festival films over sandbagging any day.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment