Progress

My apartment took some big steps this week, welcoming both a stand/table, abandoned by the curb, for the TV (and a government-subsidized digital converter) and a couch, which just today Amanda helped me haul from her place around the block. That is to say, I watched a startlingly clear version of The Office's season finale tonight, and nothing was touching the carpet!

Brian's old receiver, which had been acting up since I brought it out of hibernation, also started to function more-or-less correctly again, such that I now have two speakers instead of one, and the TV hookup no longer causes a constant hum.

I also escaped the clutches of Bank of America by finally completing the setup of a new checking account at a local credit union, with a shiny new debit card.

And I got hired at work. The temp agency even sent me a congratulatory flower!

2 Comment(s):

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the hire (and the flower)!

I am in love with our digital converter. Yesterday we watched Game 7 of the Celtics-Cavs series, and it was a thing of beauty. Thank you, government!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excitement abounds!

I have seen such a flower at The Credit Place, when the other temp got hired. Them's nice flahrs.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment