One Two Three

Last night's show at Neumo's was interesting but not great. Mobius Band were pleasantly good, and finished with maybe the only time I've heard the original "Loving Sounds of Static," as the Junior Boys remix is so good I've never tired of it.

Black Kids were about what I was prepared for. They looked and sounded very young, Reggie Youngblood seemed to still be growing into the role of a frontman. The vocals were hit or miss, but at least they played a new and terrific (if unfortunately titled) song, "Look at Me (When I Rock Wichoo)."

Cut Copy had two things going against them. One was last week's Simian Mobile Disco show and the other is In Ghost Colours, their new album, both of which sound(ed) excellent. The sound for Cut Copy's set was just okay, and they're not the most attention-grabbing act onstage, so I took off probably midway through.

On the plus side, if I would happen to get bored in the middle of a three-band bill, I can always walk the six blocks home and wait them out. Haven't got the chance yet, but maybe someday.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment