A Slab of Chocolate Cake

Pink Moon is too precious to waste on casual, inadvertent spins... The record demands conservation, protection. Listening too often would be like chomping down a slab of chocolate cake with each meal, or going on a tropical vacation every single weekend. It would feel overindulgent.
The above paragraph is from the last section of Amanda Petrusich's Pink Moon, which I picked up at Sonic Boom last Friday. The excerpt is not specifically about Pink Moon for me (though it is that as well) but about music in general.

This isn't really a statement of values or principles so much as the feeling I get when I consider whether I want to, say, put in earphones or just stare out the window in silence. A proactive choice that I can't always explain, but feel to be right on some level.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment