Upcoming Events, Mar 2008

Should be an enormous post coming soon on my travels during the month of February. I just thought I'd put together this post for my own reference.

I noted tonight that over the next month the Cinerama is showing both Tron and Lawrence of Arabia, which is just terrific. Apart from some re-viewings, Be Kind Rewind is the only thing I'm planning to see in general release. Not sure why yet but the Metro is showing McCabe and Mrs. Miller and then Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. Northwest Film Forum's got Popeye, the ByDesign series, and Godard's La Chinoise. At the end of April they're also showing six films, three of which star Marcello Mastroianni (La Dolce Vita, 8 1/2, and John Boorman's Leo the Last) and three others that star Jean-Paul Belmondo (Breathless, Le Doulos, and Pierrot Le Fou). I'll take Belmondo every time, hands down, but I'm still about as excited to finally see 8 1/2 as À Bout de souffle.

Barring sellouts I'm looking forward to Atlas Sound et al, Beach House, and Bon Iver. Further along, Sasquatch 2008 just got announced, including: MIA, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Built To Spill, The Hives, The National, Fleet Foxes, Kinski, Sera Cahoone, Jamie Lidell, David Bazan, and Grand Archives.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment