Logjam

My brain has been stalled somehow for at least the past four weeks. Although it would be fun to just attribute it to SAD and buy a UV lamp, that doesn't feel quite right. It was just as dark outside in December, yet... it wasn't the same.

One other symptom of this weird but generally not depressing malaise is that I can't seem to get very excited about things. Like a lot of movies; despite seeing some stuff that is probably great, it would only be accurate to say that I've really enjoyed one in the past month, Still Life, and even then I've been unable to put together any coherent thoughts about it.

My only theory is that it ought to magically clear up sometime in the next couple weeks. Exposure to new places (Mississippi, San Francisco, etc.) will hopefully spur some mental activity. Wayland, Iowa tends not to be the most stimulating of places in that fashion.

For now I guess I'll just play some more Chain Factor.

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you taken advantage of some of the stimulating opportunities that do exist in the greater Wayland area, such as IMS basketball? Also, if you stopped in at the right time, you would encounter Willis Buckles working at the Deli Mart next to Godfather's Pizza in Iowa City.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I haven't attended a high school basketball game yet, but I did see the Buckeyes underscore the Hawkeyes yesterday at Carver.

Someone at church today alerted me to this piece of legislation regarding obesity and restaurants from Mississippi. I guess we won't be wearing any fat suits around.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll bring some speed to the airport

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment