2008 Mix, Pt. 1

Download the mix

I finally got around to listening to this Resident Advisor podcast by Dixon from last March. According to RA: "Dixon lays down a mix that rethinks soulful vocals and deep house to dazzling effect." According to Tim Finney on ILM: "Right now the Dixon podcast on Resident Advisor sounds like the best thing I've ever heard... Seriously, it's like dance music died and went to heaven."

I must've started listening the week after because Alex Smoke's mix (big, spacey dub techno) was one of my favorites of last year.

Anyway, the main subject of this post is my first mix of the year. I'm hoping to do this pretty regularly just to collect my singles into something memorable so I don't have a pile of 50-70 tracks sitting around at the end of 2008 which I can't recall anything about. There's a bit of 2007 mixed in. (MP3 not yet posted.)

01 Tiny Vipers "Campfire Resemblance"
02 Samara Lubelski "Ego Blossoms"
03 Evangelicals "Skeleton Man"
04 Electrelane "To the East"
05 Vampire Weekend "A-Punk"
06 The 1900s "Everybody's Got a Collection"
07 Beach House "Gila"
08 The Big Sleep "Pinkies"
09 Blood on the Wall "Sorry Sorry Sarah"
10 Black Mountain "Tyrants"
11 Ola Podrida "Atmosphere"
12 Hot Chip "Made in the Dark"

52:04, 56.9 MB

And may I just take this opportunity to say that if I manage to hear 3-4 more albums as good as Black Mountain's In the Future this will have been a fine year for music.

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

removed? :( that's what i get for waiting a week.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment