2007 Mix, Pt. 1

What exactly do you play before/after those haunting/glorious voices on Burial's "Archangel"? "Blood on My Hands"? They feel too otherworldly.

I suspect there'll be at least one more of these to come, perhaps including those tracks, but if not this is pretty strong. The pacing is really nice and I think the tracks fit pretty well next to each other. I guess I forgot Electrelane's "To the East," but this one's already air-tight in my opinion.

01 Animal Collective "People"
02 Fleet Foxes "White Winter Hymnal"
03 Black Kids "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend..."
04 Chromatics "Running Up That Hill"
05 Arp "Potentialities"
06 Atlas Sound "ABC Glasgow"
07 LCD Soundsystem "All My Friends"
08 Band of Horses "Is There a Ghost"
09 Blitzen Trapper "Wild Mountain Nation"
10 The Roadside Graves "West Coast"
11 My Morning Jacket "It Makes No Difference"
12 Grovesnor "Nitemoves"

52:29, 60.3 MB

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Blogger Teague said...

I really like this mix. The flow is great (the transition from the Chromatics to Arp is particularly impressive), and I love "Running Up That Hill," "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend...," and "Wild Mountain Nation," all of which I'd not heard before.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment