Upcoming Events, Oct 2007


I think number one here would be the baseball postseason; I'm listening to Indians/Yankees Game 1 right now on WCBS, although I can very nearly pull in WTAM from Cleveland. I'll probably watch one or two games this weekend, though I can't do so at home.

This weekend is Open House New York.

MoMI is showing four movies by Arnaud Desplechin, of which I've only seen Kings and Queen. I'd like to see Esther Kahn, but I'll be on Randall's Island for the big show this Saturday.

MoMA has a Michael Haneke retrospective, which I'll probably try to catch some of. I don't recall going crazy for Code Unknown and disliked Cache, but he is an interesting guy. They're also showing Contempt, Spirit of the Beehive, Viridiana, and Night of the Living Dead for Halloween.

There'll be a load of stuff to see in the theaters including The Assassination of Jesse James, The Darjeeling Limited, Control, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, and, after quite a long wait, Jia Zhang-ke's Still Life.

I just saw last night at Silent Light that Walter Reade Theater is having a series of recent Hong Kong cinema. I'm most excited about Johnnie To's The Mission, but there's also Happy Together and Triangle.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment