The List Dwindles

After finally seeing LCD Soundsystem play live yesterday (I liked everything except "Someone Great") I feel the need to compile a list of bands I'm excited to see live sooner or later.
  1. Hot Chip
  2. Liars
  3. Grizzly Bear
I'm having trouble getting past this many. There are certainly a number of DJs and individuals I'd like to hear, but as far as actual bands currently putting out albums, this is really it. I guess that makes kind of a to-do list for next year, since none of them are coming to New York in the next few months.

UPDATE: Glancing at the Last.fm upcoming events for New York, I have found a number of things this fall including Grizzly Bear.

Oct 26 | Tall Firs, Magik Markers @ The Knitting Factory
Oct 28 | Boris, Damon & Naomi, Michio Kurihara @ The Bowery Ballroom
Nov 03 | Grizzly Bear, Michael Harrison @ The Society for Ethical Culture Concert Hall
Nov 09 | Múm, Torngat, Jihyun Kim @ Church of Saint Paul the Apostle
Nov 23 | Black Dice @ Highline Ballroom
Nov 28 | Max Richter, Cepia, Assaff Weisman @ Good-Shepherd Faith Church

The non-traditional venues are part of the Wordless Music Series.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment