Baseball Notes, 2007

As today is basically the end of the baseball regular season, I've been looking at some statistics.
  1. Have you ever heard of Paul Waner? (Hint: he didn't play this decade.) I'm kind of shocked that I haven't.
  2. Jorge Posada had never hit better than .287 before this season, but finished third in the AL with a .338 average. He's 36 years old.
  3. Here are the top four Rookie of the Year votegetters in both leagues for 2001: Ichiro, CC Sabathia, Alfonso Soriano, David Eckstein, Albert Pujols, Roy Oswalt, Jimmy Rollins, Adam Dunn.

    The same list for 2002: Eric Hinske, Rodrigo Lopez, Jorge Julio, Bobby Kielty, Jason Jennings, Brad Wilkerson, Austin Kearns, Kazuhisa Ishii.

    How does something like this happen?

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Blogger Unknown said...

I have indeed heard of Paul Waner, who, I believe, was nicknamed "Big Poison" — while his brother Lloyd was "Little Poison". One of them, I forget which, struck out incredibly rarely.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment