Upcoming Events, Sep 2007

  • The French Connection is showing at Film Forum through Thursday.
  • The Mets vs. Astros game Friday night has some cheap tickets, so hopefully I'll be checking out Shea Stadium this upcoming weekend.
  • Museum of the Moving Image is holding a Fritz Lang retrospective, and if the MTA system gets me there, I hope to see M, Fury, The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, Ministry of Fear, The Woman in the Window, You Only Live Once, and possibly Human Desire. They're also showing Dynamite Warrior, a crazy Thai action film.
  • Prior to the mostly October-oriented New York Film Festival, Lincoln Center is showing some Latin American films, of which I will certainly try to see Duck Season and may make it to JapĆ³n.
  • Highlights at MoMA: Fargo, Grapes of Wrath, The Red Desert, films by Stan Brakhage and Ernie Gehr, and Adam's Rib.
  • The IFC Center is showing I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With, Helvetica, and Charles Burnett's My Brother's Wedding.
  • The last two weekends of the month I'll be traveling, first to a wedding in Pennsylvania and then to Myrtle Beach.

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Blogger Teague said...

I'm up visiting Alex in the city the weekend of the 6th. He scored us tickets to the Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem show -- see you there!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment