Garden State Soundtrack

Percy Sledge "When a Man Loves a Woman"
Aretha Franklin "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man"
Sam Cooke "You Send Me"
Stevie Wonder "I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever)"
Grovesnor "Nitemoves"
Hot Chip "Crap Kraft Dinner"
Hot Chip "(Just Like We) Breakdown (DFA Remix)"
Gorillaz "Dare (DFA Remix)"
LCD Soundsystem "45:33"

---

That Grovesnor track is probably about my favorite right now. Actually, it's approximately the same kind of awesome as the theme song/opening credits for Clark & Michael, which I've mentioned previously.

In addition to this awesome playlist I have a few things to note:
  1. Chris Berman claimed offhandedly the other night on ESPN that Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer" is one of the greatest songs of all-time. I just felt this should be reported somewhere.
  2. Driving in Pennsylvania this weekend I saw fair number of signs in Clearview, replacing older signs in Highway Gothic, as reported by the New York Times last month. The new signs were, as expected, extremely legible.
  3. Lastly, I was thinking the other day that Junior Boys ought to cover Def Leppard's "Photograph." This could be huge.

Labels: ,

1 Comment(s):

Blogger kevin said...

Since Clearview was developed in part at Penn State, it's no surprise that Pennsylvania gets first crack at converting to Clearview.

It's funny, because a lot of the street signs on stoplights in State College are in Clearview now, but the one I ride my bike by every day at Clearview Avenue is still in the same ugly bold sans serif as it probably always has been.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment