Thoughts

My iTunes library failed irreparably on Tuesday night for no apparent reason. The program just wouldn't read the current library or any of the archived temp versions from months past. So I've re-added everything and recreated all the playlists, although I'm still populating a couple of them. It kind of sucks.

On the way home tonight I was thinking that it would be really awesome if for some reason at the Randall's Island show, the Arcade Fire decided to ignore matters of reason and taste and cover "Stairway to Heaven," and then at the part where the drums and stuff really kick in, LCD Soundsystem appears behind them to double or triple the sound, and James Murphy chimes in on vocals along with however many Butlers and Chassagnes are already on the mic.

And I would have really preferred for Interpol to cover "All My Friends" rather than Franz Ferdinand.

I'll be sort of excited after my museum memberships lapse and everything to start watching more stuff on DVD, and maybe trying to see just new stuff in the theater, if only because it'll be less schizophrenic than my calendar this year.

Labels: ,

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it would help, or if it is too late, but I ran across a link to this article today:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93313

11:37 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Yeah, my XML file was gone for some reason, leaving only the .itl file. I tried various strategies, including reinstalling iTunes, for getting it to accept the library file(s), but no luck.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a nightmare. I would've flung my laptop across the room, and I have approximately 1/82 the number of songs you do. Your self control amazes me.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment