Transportations

I arrived home this evening about 1 am. Having not watched a movie for nearly two full weeks, I sort of saw Firehouse Dogs and The Last Mimzy on the plane. (UPDATE: And don't forget Are We Done Yet? on the train.)

Perhaps I will describe interesting bits of the trip in detail later, but for now I merely wanted to note that this was an massively multi-modal journey. To wit:
  • Express bus (Manhattan-Newark)
  • AirTrain
  • Airplane (delayed, always delayed)
  • Taxi
  • Seattle bus
  • Amtrak (Cascades)
  • Walking
  • Personal automobile
  • Portland streetcar
  • Airport shuttle
  • NYC subway

Labels:

1 Comment(s):

Blogger Teague said...

"Massively multi-modal" is a very pleasant phrase...I guess the alliteration doesn't hurt.

(At work today I was looking through a report on making US transportation policy more intermodal, and they had these sort of adorable diagrams that showed the different modes a person might use to make a given trip.)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment