The Great Satan's Birthday

For once, our street is wholly justified in being noisy after midnight, though it's not even really that bad.

Other than watching fireworks, I think I really only have two memories from Independence Days past that stand out in my mind. The first would be at Crack House in 2003 when someone decided to load up this Puzz-3D castle they'd put together (maybe Jake Weston?) with Roman candles and sparklers and a few other odds and ends. I think it left a large plastic glob melted into the driveway, but it looked great while it lasted.

Number two would be last year when we were standing on the roof on Capitol Hill trying to watch fireworks over Lake Union as well as some from I think the Space Needle and somewhere out on the peninsula across Puget Sound as well. I was barefoot and, hearing a rustling in the tree next to the house, I thought there were squirrels running from branch to branch, but in fact they were a couple of rats looking to access the roof, which they did, about six inches from my toes.

I'm not expecting to add to the list this year, but we'll see.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment