Slapdash

I grabbed a copy of Ableton Live 6 this past Saturday and was at first dumbfounded as to how to use it, even after a few of the explanatory "Lessons" that are included.

I think I've got a pretty good grasp on how to mix with it now, though, so I'm hoping to put together some projects in the near future. I haven't really been able to mix music properly since leaving the radio station over two years ago, so this feels really nice.

It seemed necessary to slap together some sort of audio confection just to prove to myself that I have some idea of what I'm doing, so, exploiting the beatmatching and crossfading features I matched up Antony & The Johnsons with the Arctic Monkeys, mostly because they both start with the letter A.

"Antony & The Arctic Monkeys" (2.5 Mb)

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment