Rainout

I was hoping to hear Richard Thompson play tonight in Prospect Park. Even with storms in the forecast, the early evening news claimed they'd have passed through by 7:30 pm. But as it's past 8:30 with the second round of lightning and thunder just now strengthening I doubt I'll venture out.

I'm pretty sure this is at least the fourth time I've missed a Richard Thompson show, which is one more than I'd logged for the Clientele prior to a couple weeks ago. While I'll still put LCD Soundsystem at the top of my list of acts unseen (hopefully I'll get to rectify that at the as-yet-unannounced New York date this fall with the Arcade Fire), I've probably not gone to more Richard Thompson shows than I've not gone to for anyone else. A dubious distinction, to be sure.

Labels:

2 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you missed a GREAT show, and the rain just made it all the more memorable, as Thompson noted, it was just like a summer festival in the UK, and the crowd stayed through all the sprinkles, lightning, and downpours

Sally
Chinatown

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When thunder roars, go indoors."

http://tinyurl.com/36tkjt

While admittedly referring to sports, equally applicable to music events.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment