Memory Lane

Charles and I journeyed back in time musically this evening. I don't recall exactly why; we started out listening to my new favorite album, Lucky Soul's The Great Unwanted, and I think Charles made some comment about his "folder of shame" which consisted of a lot of mildly to extremely un-hip compact discs from his youth. We then made use of the internet to venture even further.

Thoughts:
  • Stereo Angel, from Charles's hometown of Lewiston, Idaho, isn't half bad, maybe because they try hard to sound like Built to Spill
  • I was not swayed to become a Barenaked Ladies fan
  • Still not an Ace of Base fan either
  • This Spice Girls video was mesmerizing; like almost all music videos, I did not catch it when it first came out
  • While not wholly a poptimist, I do admit to enjoying all four of these New Kids on the Blocks songs; sometimes splashy overproduction irks me, but this stuff hits my eardrums just right
  • I like the Smashing Pumpkins much less now than I did five-ten years ago

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment