Record Carless Time

Brian mentioned something in an email about the fact that I rarely ride around in cars these days, much less drive, and I was prompted to try to recall my lengthiest period without riding in a personal automobile. At college I would have maxed out at about 10.5 weeks, but I think last year in Seattle I got close to three months. I drove back with Charles in a Volvo from Golden Gardens park in mid to late August, and rode along in the Westlake's van with Trent, et al. to pick up a Christmas tree at Lowe's on what I believe was the day after Thanksgiving. However, I think I also caught a ride to a church service at Evergreen Mennonite as late as September 10, so my maximum may only be 10.5 weeks after all.

2 Comment(s):

Blogger Charles Petersen said...

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've ridden in a personal car since moving to New York. I mean, the only personal cars I even know about are Jack's and Spencer's, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been in those. Wait -- Isaac gave us that ride back from Jane's, when was that, in January? So make it three and a half months for me.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Christmas tree...

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment