Lee Marvin Retrospective

I just realized that I will probably be trying to see eight Lee Marvin films over the next few weeks at Walter Reade Theater. I definitely want to see three of them ($33) and a series pass for eight is only $40, so it would be kind of dumb not to get one. (Note: as this overlaps with MoMI's Sam Fuller retrospective, I think I might get a full year's worth of on-screen manliness by Memorial Day.)

These I most want to see:
  • The Big Heat
  • The Killers
  • Point Blank
I will skip The Big Red One since I can see that at MoMI, and so will probably also see these:
  • Paint Your Wagon
  • The Professionals
  • The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
So, what I need to know is, have any of you seen any of these remaining titles, and if so, what can you say about them?
  • Attack
  • Bad Day at Black Rock
  • Cat Ballou
  • The Comancheros
  • Emperor of the North Pole
  • Hell in the Pacific
  • The Iceman Cometh
  • Lee Marvin: Personal Portrait
  • Monte Walsh
  • Prime Cut
  • Seven Men From Now
  • Shack Out on 101
  • Ship of Fools
  • The Spikes Gang

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment