A Red Letter Day

Except for the cool weather, today (or, as it's known at this hour, yesterday) is a tough one to beat. I received a birthday card as well as two checks (not birthday related) and a book, saw my favorite film of the year so far (Killer of Sheep), and ordered a 500GB hard drive and twice the amount of RAM currently in my laptop.

To top it off, (heads up for Brian) I reconfirmed most deliciously that the Grandma slices at Maffei Pizza (9th on Ed Levine's Top Ten NYC Slices) which I had for the first time on Tuesday are, in fact, terrific. To wit:
Thinner than a Sicilian, thicker than a regular slice, it's topped with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella, rosemary and basil. It's very fresh and juicy, almost like focaccia.

1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get one of those NAS drives you were looking into, or just a standard external?

I hope to try at least one or two of the top ten pizzas next time I'm in New York. New England pizza just doesn't compare.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment