Flesh Is Weak and Forms Break Down

I finally got around to listening to Shackleton's "Blood on My Hands" last night, though it's been out since last year, mostly because of the hype surrounding the recently released Villalobos remix, which I hope to get my hands on soon.

The original, though, is an absolute monster. There's a deep voice intoning some obtuse phraseology about the collapse of the World Trade Center towers, typical dubstep drums, and some pretty drone in the background. Then out of nowhere, just before the two-minute mark, drops this plaintive, hugely deep bass melody, absolutely down in the cellar somewhere. Definitely don't bother on laptop speakers and probably not iPod buds, but if you've got some good headphones or a subwoofer give it a listen.

Shackleton "Blood on My Hands" [Skull Disco, 2006]

UPDATE: It appears that Skull Disco just released a 2xCD compilation yesterday, which is convenient since up till now I think they've only put their stuff out on vinyl.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment