Sixth Five Movies, 2007

+ + +
Sullivan's Travels (Preston Sturges) at home on DVD.
+ + +

+ + +
Through the Olive Trees (Abbas Kiarostami) at MoMA as part of the Abbas Kiarostami retrospective. This was probably the most fun of any of the Kiarostami films I've seen, particularly given the references to And Life Goes On... I don't know how much less good it would be without having seen the previous film first.
+ + +

+ + +
The Wind Will Carry Us (Abbas Kiarostami) at MoMA as part of the Abbas Kiarostami retrospective. Stunning landscape shots and a difficult protagonist. I'm not sure I really liked this better than Ten, but then again maybe I did.
+ + +

+ +
Ten (Abbas Kiarostami) at MoMA as part of the Abbas Kiarostami retrospective.
+ +

+ + +
The Host (Bong Joon-ho) at Landmark Sunshine Cinema. I'd meant to see Voyage in Italy but forgot that Free Friday Nights mean really well-attended movies at MoMA, and so it was sold-out half an hour in advance. In fact, after wandering over to the AMC Empire 25, where the 8:05 was sold out, I only avoided an hour-long wait at the Landmark because as I was purchasing a ticket for the late show, somehow a spot opened up for the screening just about to start. I'm glad I saw it the night it opened with a packed house rather than, say, at a mid-week pre-noon matinee.
+ + +

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment