Music to Get Excited About

I would say these are roughly in order.
  1. Pantha Du Prince "Saturn Strobe" - String-heavy, dark, sleek-sounding techno
  2. Panda Bear "Comfy in Nautica" - Like the first album (mostly voices, lots of reverb), but louder and happier
  3. Minilogue "Elephant's Parade" - Swirling, disorienting minimal; I can't find where I originally got this so I suspect the original post has been taken down
  4. Latex "The Porcupine" - Light, multi-layered techno
  5. Tomboy "Murky Jerky" - Bright, full of synthesizer lines, bongos, everything
Let's add to this XTC's Drums and Wires which I've been enjoying for the past several months, but today it seemed to emerge from the speakers as an old favorite. I never got all that excited over the later period stuff I paid attention to because of the World Cafe or something or other, but Drums and Wires really does it for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment