True Greatness

I just experienced what I feel may be the greatest Tecmo Super Bowl play of all time. After a rough, scoreless first quarter of Jets vs. Giants, I am ignominiously forced to punt from about my own 20-yard line. It's a pretty good punt, but as I'm the Jets my guys can't block or tackle and the Giants return it about thirty yards to their 35-yard line. Stunningly, the Jets force a fumble, and some absolute no-name, who is neither an offensive skill player nor quick on defense, picks up the ball and, breaking three tackles while actually avoiding others, lumbers his way the full thirty five yards into the end zone for the first score of the game as the quarter expires.

By comparison, I think my 87-yard touchdown on a Marion Butts running play the other day was at least four or five times as likely, if not more.

1 Comment(s):

Blogger kevin said...

I have a Raiders season going on right now in which I'm 9-1; the one loss happened when, through various unfortunate events, the Broncos scored 23 points before I even ran a play, and then Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen both got hurt on the same drive.

At halftime I got the idea to sub Tim Brown in at running back, and he ended up gaining 200 yards on the ground in the second half. Unfortunately, his breakaway run to win the game as time expired got stopped at the Denver 35, but I like to think even in defeat it was a great Tecmo Super Bowl moment.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment