Bulk Movies

Before I got to New York I was thinking of getting memberships at places like Film Forum, the Film Society of Lincoln Center, and the Anthology Film Archives. However, none of these memberships provide free admission to screenings; in Anthology's case, a membership gets you in free to repertory screenings, but nothing new.

Now I'm much more excited about memberships at MoMA and MoMI (Museum of the Moving Image). For $75 and $65, respectively, you get free admission to all regular screenings plus unlimited admission to the museums. I'm not sure what the exhibitions are like at the Museum of the Moving Image, but it'd be pretty cool to just go hang out at the Museum of Modern Art when I'm in Midtown with time on my hands.

I figure seeing six movies at each over the next year would validate the purchases. Here's what I would hope to see over just the next month:
    MoMA
  • Ray
  • "Stan Brakhage Program"
  • Once Upon a Time in the West
  • Once Upon a Time in America
  • They Drive by Night
  • Ran
  • Anatomy of a Murder

  • MoMI
  • The Century of the Self
  • The Power of Nightmares
  • - or - F for Fake
  • Climates

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment