Fall Movies

Talking to Charles tonight he asked what I'm excited about seeing this fall. I only have a vague idea, so I thought I'd go through and make a list of what I think might be interesting. Before that, here are the movies I've been most excited about since this post.
  • Fanny & Alexander [Ingmar Bergman, 1983]
  • The White Balloon [Jafar Panahi, 1995]
  • Head-On [Fatih Akin, 2004]
  • Last Days [Gus Van Sant, 2005]
  • Junebug [Phil Morrison, 2005]
  • A History of Violence [David Cronenberg, 2005]
  • Half Nelson [Ryan Fleck, 2006]
  • Park Chan-wook's Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, and J.S.A.
Hopefully I'll be seeing Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance before the end of the year.

Upcoming:
    Mutual Appreciation [Bujalski]
    Idiocracy [Judge]
    Old Joy [Reichardt]
    Broken Sky [Hernández]
    The Departed [Scorsese]
    Flags of Our Fathers [Eastwood]
    The Prestige [Nolan]
    Babel [González Iñárritu]
    Climates [Ceylan]
    Volver [Almodóvar]
    Fast Food Nation [Linklater]
    The Fountain [Aronofsky]
    Curse of the Golden Flower [Yimou]
    Pan's Labyrinth [Del Toro]
    Inland Empire [Lynch]

Labels: ,

2 Comment(s):

Blogger Teague said...

I viscerally disliked A History of Violence. I just didn't get what Cronenberg was going for.

On the other hand, I thought Mutual Appreciation was the best movie I'd seen in a long time. I saw it in NYC and Bujalski was there doing a Q&A; when someone asked how much the movie cost, he said "A very small amount in movie terms, but a very large amount for a human being."

5:07 PM  
Blogger Teague said...

Oops, I meant to make that a link to this post, but it doesn't discuss the movie until a ways down anyway...

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment