September Listening

I finally got fed up with Last.fm and reset my tracks. (Should take effect by Sunday afternoon.) Maybe if I plugged in my iPod every night it would more effective, but it just seems like a misrepresentation of my listening habits. Perhaps if they found a way to include multiple artist compilations and label or genre statistics I might feel like it did a better job of showing what I'm into.

I was also thinking today about Allmusic. They have a ton of interesting information in their database, but a terribly inflexible interface for users to interact with it. I have no idea why you can't generate a list of search results based on more than one criterion, but somehow they have not implemented that feature. I mean, how awesome would it be if I could search for "cathartic" "electronic pop" with at least four stars by artists from France, limiting results to only EPs or 12"s? Not that I would every day, but still, considering how much meta-information they have for each record, they could really benefit from more Web 2.0-type functionality.

Here's the list for the month:
  • The Black Keys Magic Potion
  • Junior Boys So This Is Goodbye (again)
  • Justin Timberlake "My Love"
  • SkatebĂ„rd "Data Italia"
  • Thom Yorke The Eraser
  • VA Total 7 (Kompakt)
  • VA Superloooongevity (Perlon)

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment