Farben

So, last night I went to Neumo's to hear Jan Jelinek (aka Farben, Gramm, etc.), a post-Decibel event. It was sort of minimal techno played under/behind some overpowering drones--for example, one sounded kind of like I was standing by mellifluous but large and full-powered foghorn. Then he came back for an encore, doing more of the same, except I guess even better. I can only describe it as perhaps the most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard in my life. The problem is, with no choruses or hooks and very laid-back loops, I can't even actually recall the specific sound very well. Luckily I've got Soulseek up and running, so I'm going to start with Farben's Textstar, since one of the Decibel-list emails stated that it was a Farben performance, and work my way through his other full-lengths under other names, then the various singles.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment