June Tracks

1. The MFA "The Difference It Makes (Superpitcher Remix)"

Just posted at Disco-Not-Disco. I'd heard the original on Total 6 (speaking of which, is this summer's Total 7 going to be just as good?), but the bass here just grabs hold and won't let go.

2. Run the Road, esp. Lady Sovereign

I got this from the library last month, and grime finally came together for me. I've got some other Lady Sovereign stuff as well, and I'm enjoying her on so many levels.

3. Camera Obscura Let's Get Out of This Country

Brian Howe makes a good point in his Pitchfork review that, rather than simply occupying the same aesthetic space as Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura have rather claimed the "intimate chamber pop" throne that Belle & Sebastian have either outgrown or vacated.

4. Sami Koivikko Live at Flash / Rose Garden & Ezekiel Honig Live at Percussion Lab

Two minimal mixes I really enjoyed this past week.

5. Booka Shade "In White Rooms (Elektrochemie Remix)"

As you might expect, Adam posted some great electronic stuff over the past term on the KRLX Music Blog. This track is still up. I'm also partial to Holden's "A Break in the Clouds," the Loscil track, and I'm assuming he posted the Who Made Who track on that minimix I posted a while back.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment