Asides

I went to the Mariners-Indians game last night and kept score. Except for the $18 ticket I had to buy (I got my $7 ticket for Sunday's game in advance) everything went very nicely. We had leftover sandwiches from work so I didn't have to buy dinner. I walked around Safeco to see if there were any good vantage points for pictures but didn't really find any. I stopped by Elliott Bay Book Co. to read The Wire and then walked around listening to Carl Craig's remix of Delia & Gavin's "Relevee," which I finally got around to really liking. I was inspired to mix it with The Rapture's "Olio," so if I can think of more music to go along with that, maybe I'll put it together into a set.

I started reading Disco-Not-Disco recently and it's currently my favorite MP3 blog, though my loyalties tend to change pretty quickly. I've been getting a ton of CDs from the library recently (eg. the full Nuggets box, Kraftwerk's Minimum-Maximum, X's Los Angeles & Wild Gift, ...) and put together a new list of records, but can't seem to upload it today.

While checking on Grist's blogad at Informed Comment yesterday, I noticed this bit of information:
Worrying about [Iranian president] Ahmadinejad's antics is like worrying that the US military will act on the orders of the secretary of the interior. Ahmadinejad cannot declare war on anyone, or mobilize a military.
Of course, as a preeminent scholar (and blogger) on the Middle East, Cole has a lot more to say on Iran, etc., but I just found that bit to be particularly interesting.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment