The Great Outdoor Fight

In case you don't read Achewood, I felt I should recommend to you the current "episode," or whatever you want to call it. It feels pretty adventurous, with many installments up to 12 panels each, rather than the more traditional 3 or 4.

You'll want to take a look at the Wikipedia entry first, specifically the section describing the characters. Technically the story starts on January 11. You could probably also jump in at January 18 or January 25, but that's as late as is reasonable.

I think what excites me about this is not that it's clever, since Achewood almost always is anyway. What gets me is the striking similarity to a TV show, every few installments constitute a scene and we've got skips in the action that could work well for commercial breaks. I suppose this sort of event tends to crop up every so often in the storyline, but this is the first time the cross-medium potential has struck me.

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment