Scattered Thoughts

You can geek out if you please over at Textura with a Ten Favourite Record Labels piece, profiling the heads of all the labels. Highpoint Lowlife's Beautiful Tactile Objects series makes me wish I had a turntable and record-buying funds.

On an unrelated note, I've been thinking about how Seattle's high cost of living takes into account things like mountains and waterfront (among other, totally different qualities), which, while nice, I certainly don't enjoy to the extent that other people probably do. This has made me wonder whether it's worthwhile to stick around after the year of volunteering is through, regardless of whether I attempt to live abroad. Not that money is my only consideration, and a large part of it will probably depend on whether or not I development a particularly strong attachment to the area or specific people in it, but is it sensible for me to try to live here when I could be just as happy somewhere less popular or less "interesting"? Granted, there are probably plenty of places where I couldn't stand to live (eg. rural anywhere), but I feel, as always, like I ought to explore my options. One of a number of larger questions I'm attempting to answer for myself.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment