Monday Night

I walked home tonight after realizing on Friday that none of the hills are really that steep if I walk up First Avenue to Pike or Pine before turning northeast. I stopped in at the record store Wall of Sound, which seems to mostly specialize in electronic, ambient, noise, avant garde, etc. I found the Don't Save Us from the Flames single with the Superpitcher remix that everyone was going crazy for last spring for three dollars, so I couldn't turn it down. I like it quite a bit, but it doesn't utilize the climax quite how I'd wished. The same is true, by the way, about Four Tet's remix of Bloc Party's "So Here We Are". Either I'm going to have to get over it or become a big name DJ so I can get instrumental tracks and whatnot to remix with myself.

In the interest of, well, who knows what, I've got a link in case you want to look at my digital record collection, particularly in case there's something you want. The longest titles and names have been abbreviated, so just hover over them if you want to pop up the full text.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment