Not What You Expected

I led you to believe I'd be posting about the DFA remix of Black Dice's "Smiling Off", but then upon listening to it today, I couldn't get excited enough about it to write anything. So instead we have two recent mixes from Doubtbeat first noticed at the seemingly short-lived House Is a Feeling blog.

Andy uses the term "necrohouse" to describe them, and I guess that means spooky, minimal techno. Although I do have something of a fetish for good crossfading and beatmatching, he's not going for that here, and that's okay because there's enough space and similarity in the tracks that they fit together anyhow.

You can download the files from the links at House Is a Feeling, or try his mix page, which is a pretty classy affair, just enough information to let you know what to expect from each of the twelve hour-long mixes. I'm almost inspired enough to put together a mix myself, but probably not for a while.

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment