Shows I'm Actually Going to in Seattle

I opened the floodgates down and to the right, and am listing all of the shows of interest I've found in Seattle (they are usually hidden). I will not have very much money, so I am thinking that I will really only get to a few things like:
  • Decibel Festival
  • Black Dice
  • Superpitcher/Ada
  • My Morning Jacket
You may already be aware that I would probably donate organs to see My Morning Jacket. Of the $10 shows I could find, both Black Dice and the German techno night are about exactly what I'm interested in right now. Plus, they're at Chop Suey, which is, according to my calculations, three blocks or less from my house, the awesomeness of which I can barely comprehend. I'm guessing the Seattle music scene is a little more active in the winter than the Twin Cities, but I'm not sure, so it's hard to budget my time/money/excitement.

The Decibel Festival provides far more shows than I can afford, so I'll probably stick to a $5 cheap show and a more expensive $15 one. The Fourth City/Kranky showcase has two Kranky artists (Strategy and Nudge), which is enough for me, and I'm conflicted about the expensive showcase. The Experimental showcase has Tim Hecker and Fennesz, both of whom I would love to see, and would lead into the cheap one I mentioned before. The Headfuk showcase (Isolee and Thomas Fehlmann) is pretty late on Sunday night, although I don't actually know what time I will be going to work in the morning, so I'll cross that one off. Since I've already had my fill of Kranky, I'll have to also leave out the Kranky/Ghostly Ambient showcase. Tough decisions. Tough, barely readable decisions.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment