Harry Reid

I was at the library the other day and the New Yorker had this great profile of Harry Reid, Senate minority leader.

It looks like I'll have broadband on our old laptop in Myrtle Beach, so I'll probably spend some time obsessively downloading music I haven't been able to get this summer. Hopefully I can get a lot of mixes, so I don't have to bother trying to find individual MP3s.

Also, I've been seeing a fair number of five star movies lately, as you can see in the list on the right, but I haven't been getting excited about most of them. I have a few vague theories why, but don't really know.

---

Update: I figured out why I haven't been liking the five-star movies that much: because they're nothing compared to Rififi! It was so good that I had to go back and re-rate some of the things I've seen recently more harshly because they couldn't stack up against the most amazing heist film I've ever seen. The women are gorgeous, the criminals are loathsome, and the robbery takes a full half hour of silent execution. And everybody dies! Hooray for film noir!

Labels:

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment