A Few Links

I found some interesting links today regarding a couple of topics I'd discussed with Brian before he moved to New Hampshire.

First, the Virginia laptop fiasco. We heard about this as I was looking for a laptop (I ordered the cheapest Gateway I could find, which was the best deal I could get at the time I ordered it, and it should be at my house when I arrive Sunday evening) and lamented that we couldn't get there. Low-powered iBooks were sold for $50 a piece by the Henrico County, VA school district, resulting in mass confusion and stampeding. The Register also has a survivor's first-hand account.

Second, we were discussing hybrid vehicles and I mentioned that I didn't know much about which ones would be worth buying if I had the money. This piece from Grist linked me to the Union of Concerned Scientists' Hybrid Center which has a lot of information and, of course, a blog. Not that I plan to buy a car any time soon, but it's good to know that someone is keeping track.

Also, my Professor Yeti review of the Hardacre Film Festival is up.

1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy! This ain't no comment, it's a monsta shout-out. I'm sure it'll be clear that I haven't read any of your blog... so it goes... but wanted to say hi. Hope your summer is going well.
Emily

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment