Weekend

So I went to Intonation this weekend. I had my camera one day and took some pictures but I haven't looked at them yet and, as I suspected, there's a big group of Intonation pictures up at Flickr, so you can look at them.

It was hot and dusty and definitely a long two days, but it was also pretty great and the most fun I'll have this summer. I'm guessing Pitchfork will have some extensive post-event coverage of some kind, so I won't bother with anything comprehensive. The best things included:
  • Diplo's DJ set before the soundsystem died and I left for the Decemberists
  • The Go! Team's last song with the kids dancing (they'd previously been dancing near the swimming pool in the non-festival part of the park)
  • The breakdancers during the James McNew/El-P DJ set
  • Getting really excited about Four Tet, whom I should have been liking more for a long time now
  • My new earplugs
  • When this big, burly guy approached me in a bar and introduced himself as a Carleton graduate from the class of 1991
The least best things included:
  • The sun
  • The sometimes poor sound
  • Becoming desensitized by the duration and intensity of it all
It's one of the few things that makes me kind of sad I won't be in the midwest next summer.

Labels: ,

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment